SAFE & HUMANE TREATMENT:
At last, there’s a safer, more humane eating utensil for mental health, at-risk youth, and psych/dementia hospital units. [Learn more about the safest, disposable utensil for patients at risk of self-harm]
- Prevents self-harm for at risk patients by missing utensils.
- Most humane solution for swallowers and cutters.
- Humane option that promotes dignity and mental healing.
- Provides more humane food service for all patients (vs. finger only patient menu).
- ESU’s have a perforation for quicker breakdown if ingested or flushed
- Avoid potential legal issues caused by finger food only diet or other issues
- One incident is more costly than many year’s of ESU use
- Reduces agitation caused by fingers only diet
- Non-punitive solution (EcoTaster version used for consumer sampling).
[Learn more about how ESU helps reduce the spread of COVID-19]
“Used as a standard item for safety trays for patients on suicide watch at Kaiser Permanente.” – Edmund Delmundo, Nutrition Services, Kaiser Permanente Hospital, Santa Clara, California
- Can cut through food such as hard tamale pie and watermelon. Can even scoop soup or cereal with milk
- Easier for arthritic patients to use
- Ultra-compact to store & eco-friendly