SAVINGS & SAFETY:
- Prevents injury to staff or residents caused by manipulated utensils.
- Helps prevent self-harm. Great for suicide-watch and segregated units.
- Solution for mental health issues including swallowers and cutters
- Helps prevent spread of COVID facility-wide – CDC recommends disposable food service ware.
- One incident is more costly than many year’s of ESU use
- ESU’s have a perforation for quicker breakdown if ingested or flushed
- Avoid potential legal issues caused by lack of alternative utensils
- Can cut through food such as hard tamale pie and watermelon and even scoop soup or cereal with milk
- More humane than fingers only
- Easier for arthritic patients to use
Click map to see who’s using ESU in your state!
North American ESU resellers:
- Allen Packaging
- Bob Barker
- Cooks Correctional
- Federal Supply
- Food Service Resources
- ICS Jail Supplies
- Imperial Dade
- JM Enterprise
- Kuna Foodservice
- Marketplace Foods
- One Source Marketing
- S. Freedman & Sons
- SWS (Canada)
- Tiles in Style
- US Foods